Sunday, November 1, 2015

November Is Art Every Day Month!

Day 1 AEDM, "Commitment: I Will Participate". 
It's cool that Art Every Day Month has rolled around again -- just at the right time for me I will be making a collage spread a day over the next 30 days and will be using one of my small Paperblanks journals. I had an Open Studio to day at the Novato Arts Center, and decided to work on my first spread while I was there. This is really my first piece of completed art in 5 months! I really have had little desire to move past the sorting of collage images and just a general puttering around my studio. 

Nevertheless when I sat down in front of the journal I had selected for this art challenge -- I knew that my desire to create would overcome my inertia as well as those inner critics that bounce around in my head. I was a bit awkward with the color and text and images -- but I pushed past my inner critic and "just kept moving". This is the 3rd time I've done AEDM (plus i did my own personal art challenge (Daily Journal Page Challenge) for 3.5 years) so I know the benefits of setting an intention and sticking with it. 

I must say it felt so-o-o-o-o good to create this spread! It's also serving as a visual statement of my commitment to continuing on with my creative journey.

Drop by Leah Piken Kolidas' website Creative Every Day and sign up for one of her art challenges -- it's not too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment