Monday, November 2, 2015

AEDM 2015 Day 2: A Landscape I Didn't Know Existed

AEDM 2015 Day 2: A Landscape I Didn't Know Existed
How do I come up with the collages I create? I'm really not sure. Often I'll run across images that resonate with me on a deep level. I may not understand why or for what reason I am drawn to an image or a setting (such as this room), but I will add them into my journal and let them "percolate". I may eventually add other images to it and the story will start to unfold. Or I may add a line of text because it also resonates with me in conjunction with the image. Or the image may prompt me to journal. Sometimes I'll just leave the image as is -- just because I like it -- and I've come to see that there is creative payback in doing just that.

"She remembered this room. She remembered sitting on the linen sofa, waiting for someone or something to come through the door. It had been an hour or two of slow minutes and the light was fading. Becoming increasingly drowsy she stood up abruptly and walked around the perimeter of the room. There was a flash of movement behind her and as she turned she saw a shadow move in the mirror...."

No comments:

Post a Comment