Tuesday, November 3, 2015

AEDM2015, Day 3: The Sea Is in Deep Blue Trouble

AEDM2015, Day 3: The Sea Is in Deep Blue Trouble (with pop-up closed)
Heading off to the Caribbean for a wedding so this image of a beach grabbed my eye. Then I just stared at it...nothing was coming to me and no other images popped out as I flicked through a magazine. Usually at this point my inner critic starts grumbling. The best tactic is to just ignore it and either walk away for a few minutes or just keep searching for the "right" pieces. Something always gives and for this collage things went a little bit wacky. I ended up making the fish into a "pop up" and the woman, well I just liked her facial expression -- she's either appalled at the dismal state of the oceans -- or she's in the process of becoming a mermaid!
AEDM2015, Day 3: The Sea Is in Deep Blue Trouble (with pop-up open)

No comments:

Post a Comment