Thursday, May 5, 2011

In My Travels: Cupcake Heaven in Kensington

One of the first places I revisited in London was one of my favorite haunts -- the Hummingbird Bakery in Kensington. This place is sheer heaven for a sugar-addicted Southerner such as myself -- a terrific cappuchino and a yummy jewel-colored cupcake is a guaranteed heart-palpitating experience for this girl!

This year I christened my voyage with a red icing vanilla cupcake. The icing was topped with iridescent glitter, silver pareills, and a tiny chocolate cookie dress. I thought this was an appropriate choice on my part because the nearby Victoria and Albert Museum's visiting exhibit was entitled The Cult of Beauty.

I admit I visited this shop three times in the four days I was in London. That shows incredible resolve, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment