Monday, May 2, 2011

"Je Dessine" ("I Draw") Show-and-Tell Mondays

Emma in the Garden
(acrylics, pencil)
I've been taking a break from blogging, social networking, and being online. I have been spending most of my time in my art studio trying to step up my work discipline by putting in 30-40 hours a week. That's either making jewelry or working on the marketing and business side of things that I am so reluctant to do. As a result a lot of things have been pushed aside, including my daily journal pages. Well, I'll catch up over this month. My drawing practice is nil, too. But I did make my art lesson last Tuesday with Sabrina and I am so glad I did. This is my second painting -- I worked from a photo -- and painted with acrylics on a 2' x 3' canvas board. Again I wasn't sure what I was doing, but Sabrina just kept giving me direction (without looking at what I was doing) as she read her magazine. When I just turned off my n and just layered the color, or scrubbed it or drew with the paint brush -- it all seemed to come out. Actually there was a point where I again experienced the feeling of awe...and gratitude. Makes it all worth the effort, yes it does.

1 comment: