Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Riding in Hyde Park


Well, I had a wonderful time riding in Hyde Park yesterday! Walking into the quaint, hidden mews, where the stable was located, took me back 40+ years ago to my experience at Talland Riding School in Cirencester. 

All the cleaning tools were neatly organized, and the girls were busy going about taking care of the animals and the clients. The horses were stabled in standing stalls, and they were all shapes and sizes and curious about visitors. They were obviously well cared for and didn't have that "Oh here comes another damn tourist" attitude, although more business like than overtly friendly, they were cheerful enough. 

My horse was an Irish cob named Shamus -- what a love and a dream to ride. I really couldn't have been happier. We seemed to connect immediately and he was quiet, but tested me periodically to see if I was paying attention. He had an absolutely gorgeous mane -- at least 3 feet long, and a forelock that hung half-way down his nose. I loved stroking his neck and playing with strands of his mane as we walked down Rotten Row and watched all of the people enjoying themselves on a beautiful spring day in the park.

3 comments:

  1. Awww! It's Sho-sho on Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've started blogging while out on the road, so you can keep friends and family updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! What great pictures...and a beautiful horse!

    ReplyDelete