Monday, April 20, 2009

London!


On Our Way!

Sweet Dreams Transatlantic -- Business Class!
I have been on the run for the past five days, so apologies to all (and myself!) for not doing my posts. Our flight was fantastic -- business class for the first time EVER! Whoo-weee! This country mouse loved the room to move!!! What a liberating experience, and less jet lag, too, 'cause I was able to sleep.

London. I am in love with London. Not so much its history -- but its variety. I am stimulated by the hundreds,  no thousands of dialects that are spoken here: Scandinavian, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Chinese, Croatian, Haitian, South African, OMG, there is no end to the multicultural assault on the senses here! I think I read somewhere that more languages are spoken here than anywhere else in the world. It is a constant reminder of all the different permutations of human existence.
Jet Lag Cuppa Jo at a Eurostyle Islington Cafe -- Overlooking Rooftops
And cafe living -- I love the European desire to take a load off and sit down at a streetside and have a cuppa somethin'...a pint, a glass of wine, a sultry liqueur, a shot of vodka...or, for the non-imbiber -- a cup of joe, a frothy cappachino, a bitter expresso, a milk-laden latte -- whatever comforts and or exhilarates your little soul and makes you smack your lips and sigh...this is good. And lest we forget the sweets...

2 comments:

  1. I am soooooooooo envious!!!... Business class? My daughter got to go to Italy that way when she kept getting bumped off of flights due to 9/11....Post pics of your adventure... especially the food!... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast! having a gastronomical blow out. what fun and what sights you must be seeing.enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete