Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It Feels Good to Complete



It feels good...really good...when I go into motion. Just push away from the table, go outside, take a walk or run, come back and go into my studio. Deer Island was beautiful in its spring wardrobe -- green grass, yellow wildflowers, ducks and geese hooting and hollering in the wetlands. Fresh air...so when I returned I was (eventually) able to move into the studio, crank up the soldering iron and finish a few oriels. Not everything, but a few. Tomorrow's another day.

Here's some pics of my newest oriel -- another Boudoir Beauty -- this time a one-of-a-kind trading card from the turn-of-the-century (Cigarillos). I think I originally purchased this one from The Gleaner Zine, which I don't think is still in existance, although you can find old issues on ebay. While cruising the net I came across this organization The Ephemera Society of America. If you join, it seems you are privy to vintage emphemera that you might not find on your own. Will check out further. Seems to have lots of good stuff there!


Ms. Pink Cigarillo can be found in my Etsy Kentucky Girl Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment