Friday, November 27, 2015

AEDM2015 Day 26: "More Color"

AEDM2015 Day 26: "More Color"
I was too lazy to create a page spread on Thanksgiving so I forgave myself for this lack of self-discipline (it went the way of the "I shalt not overindulge" commandment -- out the window). I was going through my images and found this African Bee eater. I fell in love with these birds when i attended the University of Nairobi as part of an exchange program. It was a magical experience for a 17-year-old in 1971 -- and the Bee Eater became a symbol for my once-in-a-lifetime trip. This image requires a neutral background to magnify its colors -- but I decided to do the opposite and see if I could incorporate its colors into the background. I used acrylics and rubberstamp ink pads and am pleased with my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment