Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2011 Daily Journal Page Challenge...Year3...Day 2

2011 Daily Journal Page Challenge...Year3...Day 2: The Cowgirl in London
(This is one of four journal spreads I did on my trip. I'll just have to catch up over the next week or so.)
I generally don't like to be away from blogging this long. But it just turned out this way. I can beat myself up about it but what good does that do except perpetuate the negative. I spent the last 10 days in London and Paris. I love Europe, especially these two cities. I resonate to their character and am generally thrilled with being exposed to so many different things, places, foods, languages, people. It is creatively very stimulating but often overwhelming, and this year my trip was high on the overwhelming scale. I found it very difficult to focus. I felt scattered, fragmented, and creatively barren. I felt it difficult to put one foot in front of the other. So basically my strategy quickly became to do one thing only each day, let things fall where they may, and just keep moving in between. I gave up attempting to journal or to post, and just collected images and experiences. I figured that eventually something would come out of it and find expression in my art and jewelry at some point later down the road.We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment