Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Altered Art: Me Jane Scrabble Board

Me Jane, You Tarzen
(collage piece work-in-progress)
I never know what I'm going to create during my Collage Cafe while my students are busy working on their books. I definitely am inspired by their juice and excitement. During Sunday's Collage Cafe, I was cleaning up around one of the work stations in my art studio and grabbed one of several vintage Scrabble boards I had bought a few years ago. I had just taught the background technique of spreading acrylics with a credit card, so I used that on the board after gessoing it. Flowers printed on vellum paper, magazine images, cut out butterflies, and a Tarzan oblivious to Jane right behind him. It's still a work in progress -- I may add some text to it. Or not!

2 comments:

  1. How awesome that you did that on a scrabble board. The topic you chose made me laugh, and he really is oblivious isn't he? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love re-purposing things! nancy

    ReplyDelete