Monday, December 13, 2010

2010 Daily Journal Page Challenge...Day 252

2010 Daily Journal Page Challenge -- Day 252: A Mixture of Grit and Glamour
In looking over my blog -- started in January 2008 (I'm closing in on my 1000th posting!) -- I realize that I often let my art and photos speak for themselves. For the most part I don't want to add a lot of words or interpretation to my pieces. The purpose of my blog was to see if it could support a creative discipline, show the body of my work, and like a picture book, give a glimpse of and flesh out the author/illustrator's personality. So far it has fulfilled those goals for me. I didn't want to grouse or weep or discuss my feelings, my dreams, my expectations, my follies. I wanted this blog to be a testimony of the creative spirit -- my creative spirit -- so I could feel it, taste, it see it. I suppose this has alienated me from the majority of visitors; this is a boring site if you are looking for emotional discussions. But I do appreciate all of you who come to check in on me from time to time. I admit I do like it when comments are left. There is something very reassuring about that. I am not so alone in the world. In regard to today's journal page -- I'll reveal a bit about myself here -- the cut-out model is posed in front of a photo that I took of a window in a Salyulita building. She's all dolled up and glamorous even though she looks like she belongs on the runway, or in a Las Vegas boutique, or a Beverly Hills mall. Yet she thrives on the grittiness of the stucco walls and dirt roads of the Mexican town. Give her a pair of huarches and a tequila bottle and she's just as happy. She is someone who walks in both worlds...and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment