Friday, November 12, 2010

What a Month!


Opening night for "Under Cover" -- a Don't Quit Your Day Job dansicle I'm performing in for the next two weekends. I am in seven numbers -- SEVEN -- I can't believe I've made it (almost). The past month has been something out of Job's journey for me -- one obstacle after another. First getting sick with a flu virus from hell, then a lung infection that took me out of dancing for over 4 weeks. Major drugs that wiped out any endurance, memory, and motor ability that prevented me from remembering choreography, reduced me to a quivering mess of helplessness. Yukkk! The loss of a relationship that I don't think I'll ever get over. SOB! Major anxiety and wondering if I'd ever be healthy again. Then computer issues (aka pestilence) -- ants literally set up residence in my printer and my wireless router became the ant nursery!!!! No joke I lifted up my scanner bed one morning and it was like I was looking into an ant farm. Kind of fascinating in a very gross way. Unfortunately I had to replace both (I squished too many ants in my printer mechanism and I shook the router for hours and there was still egg larva pouring out of my router so I finally gave up on that). Now my DSL modem has been down for a week, resulting in even more of a delay in my posting my Daily Journal Pages and my experiments from the online courses I'm taking. I've been derelict in a million other ways. But in spite of a horrendous month, life continues...the show goes on...the spirit ressurects the body...and somewhere joy still exists. I'm living testimony of that -- ants, asthma, Alzheimer's -- I'm getting back on that horse!

4 comments:

  1. did the ants come thru the wall? omg... glad u r back up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came from somewhere -- the place where ants come from. So damn industrious -- I hated killing them -- but enough is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not only back on the horse, you're riding with abandon, that fabulous mane of yours flying in the wind, and in the face of any adversity ... you're my hero and my muse, Virginia ... and you're a mermaid, too ... good grief, is there anything you can't do?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA you make me laugh, Sophie. The key? I just get back up on that horse and keep riding!!!! Something each one of us can do! :)

    ReplyDelete