Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Photo Manipulation: Tissue Paper Adhesion

My Apologies to Angelina, Beautiquina
Further adventures with the online course I'm taking from L.K. Ludwig....This was a color photo I took of my cat Angelina between the bars of an iron gate in our front yard. Angelina is contemplating some mystery as cats often seem to do. I adhered pale pink tissue paper to the photo with matte medium, then after it dried added a top coat of matte medium. I have never fooled around with color pencils, so this was a stretch for me. I think I would have freaked out if I had started with a black and white photo. I took pencils and scribbled here and there, added some oil pastels, and some iridescent chalk. I tell you, it's hard to color a white cat. Her ears weren't a problem -- they are pink -- but the rest? I ended up giving her a grease mark on the top of her head. She would not approve. And the side of her face looks like a dirty white pumpkin. Definitely not a gold star. I have to read L.K.s notes on coloring a bit more. However, all in all I like this technique, and am spured on to continue experimenting.

1 comment:

  1. I like the effects!. It gives depth, texture and contrast to the fur on her... I would never of thought of adding tissue to a photo.. kinda like the starch and tissue paper projects we use to do as kids.

    ReplyDelete