Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Daily Journal Page Challenge...Day 159

Daily Journal Page Challenge...Day 159: One Letter at a Time
What is it about Russia? Something very primal, very old, very sleazy, very manipulative, very beautiful. I love hearing the spoken language, both by men and women. There is nothing like it, and it triggers feelings very ancient and mysterious and painful. Although long ago I tried learning the Russian language, I was hopeless -- and no ear for it, I think. But years later, I had a dream in which I spoke Russian -- fluently, lovingly, and with great ease -- and I knew, in the dream, in English what I was saying. Fascinating to think that we know all languages somewhere in our DNA. Or that we can tap into a supra- or collective consciousness in which all languages are translated into.

No comments:

Post a Comment