Friday, June 5, 2009

Chocolate Roses and A Saucy Pedicure


IMG_4437.JPG, originally uploaded by beautiful my mane.

It's a grey day in Northern California -- a bit unusual for this time of the year. I have a party to facilitate tonight, so I went off to get a pedicure, slipped into some anti-gloom summer sandals and back home went in search of some roses in my garden. My pick: Hot Cocoa. These fabulous roses start out a chocolate brown as a bud, and then open to a wonderfully blousy, pinky coral -- with a tinge of purple skirting the edges, and a bright yellow center. They are addictive visually. I thought that these blooms and my new pedicure ("Affair in Red Square" is the daring OPI color) went very well together on this cool, gray California day. All very warming with a hint of Mexican spices -- and look -- the sun is peeking out. I feel much better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment