Monday, May 18, 2009

My Studio


I love my little studio, even though I wish it was a bit bigger. It's cozy and jam-packed full of all of the things I love and have made or collected over the past 25 years. It is constantly evolving, like me. It is colorful and surprising, I suppose like me. A color will catch your eye here, a shape begs for you to touch it, a ribbon urges you to wind it in your hair. Images are on the walls, the bulletin board, my desks, and even the floor, and lend a chaotic and stimulating, yet soothing (to me) energy. I am most happy when I am creating a collage or constructing a box, or soldering an oriel, yet I find myself often avoiding going into the studio. This seems very odd, but I understand that many artists have a similar push me/pull me about creating art.

Come take a tour of my studio on Flicker. All photos, unless stated as otherwise, were taken early this year by my friend and sometime dance partner Michael Serescko, an artist in his own right.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos... u are organized and jammed packed... i love the ironwork that holds your pendants..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy! I think I got that lovely little tree from the catalog Via Terra. It's a nice way to display them at a show and in the studio. Organized. HA! Maybe one day :)!

    ReplyDelete