Friday, April 24, 2009

Journaling While Traveling

Page Creations Challenge, Journal No. 1 Cover
Once in London, I decided that I was done with my first Challenge journal. Here is a shot of the finished cover. I found this challenge enormously helpful in keeping the creative juices flowing. I haven't written in it so much, but I am working with images and materials....and it has been relatively easy to keep to my goal of one a day. Often I create 2 or more pages a day because it is so much fun.
Page Creations Challenge, Journal No. 2 Cover

Creating pages while in London was easy. I started another journal, so my creative challenge was kept alive. I took a little travel kit, containing my Cat's Eyes pads, a UHU glue stick, a few rubber stamps, some pens and pencils, and I just purchased magazines while I was tooling around London. I sat in cafes, or on a park bench, or in the hotel lobby, or in our room and played with images.
My Old Travel Journal
I also took an older travel journal I had from past trips to London and Paris, but I only worked in it a bit. I discovered that I wanted to keep that journal for pages that contained travel mementos. My small journal I reserved for my quick and dirty daily journal page creations. Mixing up the two didn't feel right -- in fact I felt down right inhibited creatively -- trying to fill a larger journal page -- so after the first day, I just kept their purposes separate, and I created my challenge pages in the smaller journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment