Thursday, March 26, 2009

What a Beautiful Day

My California Backyard (photo by Elliot Atlas)


Today is another tax prep day for me. Uughh. Double Uughh. Yesterday I helped a client with her tax issues. Today it's "Hello -- again -- how much longer can I put you off?" tax prep.

In the in between hours (and I create alot of them), I took a walk on Deer Island (early AM), had a wonderful chat with an new/old friend, took my cat Zeus out into the backyard for a meander, attended a live chat shop critique on Etsy Virtual Labs. I would say the highlight was when I was holding Zeus in my arms, and a Red-Tail Hawk cruised by overhead. My heart soared with the bird, and Zeus butted his head up against mine. There we were in the California sunshine, nature saying hello, me with my lover cat in my arms, and all the other pleasantries I had experienced this morning were alive in that moment. How great was that?

Now back to those **** taxes!

What would it be like to not feel I "have" to do something? To just feel my mane blowing in the wind?

No comments:

Post a Comment