Sunday, March 15, 2009

Create-Full Company

I like it when my friend Tamara (lawyer, screenwriter, artist) and I get together to do art. I met her a few years back when she took one of my Pole Dance workshops. We just liked one another, and stayed in touch after she stopped dancing. One day we found out that we both like to rubber stamp, so we emailed each other for awhile about getting together to do art. Finally, last fall she came over to my house. The I went over to her studio last month, and then she came over here today.

It's just really nice to have an art buddy. It motivates me to create. Even if it's just straightening up my studio, while my friend creates, like today. I actually had time to line up a bunch of oriels to finish, and I finally put together an oriel using a photo of my grandmother Mimi. We chat, we eat, we drink cofee, we create. Nice. United in the act of creation. A nice flow and a great way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks Tamara!

No comments:

Post a Comment