Thursday, January 29, 2009

Making Headway!


Cleaned Up "Assembly Station"!!! (See pic in previous post for "Before")

Whoopee! I am making headway, although it still feels like I'm shuffling a lot of items around in my studio. I would like to throw out way more -- but I just can't make that happen right now. Maybe that's OK.

Here's what I did after 4 hours of studio time:
  1. There was a sea of ribbons on the floor. Color grouped ribbons and placed them in quart baggies and placed in top 2 drawers of plastic container (moved the tissue paper collection to the closet Elfa bins since I don't use them that often). I don't like that the ribbons are hidden, but I know where they are. I also kept out a woven basket filled with ribbons that I use all the time in my oriel collages.
  2. Cleaned off the surface of my assembly and display table. I really need more surface space, but I'll have to work that out later*.
  3. Pulled out all of the glass shapes to reorganize and place on the entry table. These really should be somewhere on the assembly table, but I'll work that out later*.
  4. Restacked the themed collage images bins, and made a big woven basket the resting place for miscellaneous images that haven't found there home yet.
  5. Vacuumed the floor that was cleared today.
  6. Made labels with my label maker for the various drawers in the studio.
Next to Do:
  1. Clear off and clean and rearrange the soldering and metal assembly station.
  2. Clear off and clean the remaining table that seems to be a landing place for everything.
  3. Reorganize the "outhouse" (my mother's term for a wooden TV/multimedia station that has retired to the art studio; this of course was made my a master craftsman, which didn't impress my mother -- she said all it needed was a crescent moon cut in the door).
  4. Go through closet and pick out books that I want to get rid of/donate/etc.
Well, that's it so far. My mane doesn't feel much like it's blowing in the wind. That's OK too -- there's always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment