Sunday, November 9, 2014

AEDM Day 9: "Beautiful Chaos"

Art Every Day Month Day 9: "Beautiful Chaos"
Today was a day fraught with worry and pleasure. My 18-year-old cat was in distress. I had to drop her off at the vet's in the morning and then go set up and teach a workshop at my studio in the afternoon. I was worried about her the whole day and all the while taught a great workshop -- loved the ladies who participated. But the anxiety I felt about my aging cat still remaned. I wrote about this in my journal -- and used the crosshatch technique to mask the specifics. I thought about leaving page as is -- just the writing. Then I wondered was there any color or something else I could add? Could I push myself past the starkness of negative conclusions? To me this page represents the part of the human spirit that can choose to love or find beauty in the midst of worry or chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment