Monday, March 14, 2011

"Je Dessine" ("I Draw") Show-and-Tell Mondays

Drawing: Marsha in Rocking Chair 3.8.11
 In my drawing lesson last Tuesday, Sabrina said that I was going to have my first color painting lesson -- so don't worry about the details -- just get a quick sketch down then go at it. Our model was Marsha today. She sat in the old rocker and I quickly (HAH!) drew her, the chair, and a down coat. I worked with both acrylics and Neocolor 2 crayons. I felt kind of out of control -- but the main thing I learn over and over again is not to think -- JUST DO! Sabrina liked the colors I chose and the way I painted her pant legs (which I thought were pretty ugly -- so much for what I think!). I also brought home a drawing I did of Sabrina and a floral arrangement sometime last fall and colored with Neocolors. I like the kind of quick, abstract way way I did it. It's been fun to see my artistic fits and starts over the last year. And today I drew in one of my journal posts. So that's my Show-and-Tell Monday!
Drawing: Sabrina and Orchid Fall 2010

2 comments:

  1. ooooooh ahhhhhh! love these! espec. sabrina...
    oh my goodness! it is so lovely to see you emerge like this...gorgeous, dear one!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! I like that one too. It kind of hints of things to come...

    ReplyDelete