Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 Daily Journal Pages...Day 275

2010 Daily Journal Pages -- Day 275: Free-Floating Fake Flower Child
Yesterday's journal page reminded me of a poem I wrote when I was maybe 16 or 17. It described the feelings I experienced when picking dandelion puffballs. I'd blow them apart with my breath and watch them float on the wind. Watching them them swirl and move away from me was both poignant and motivating. I wanted that freedom of motion. And as most teenagers I struck out in the only way I new how -- I became a "hippie"(but not really -- I just pretended). I admired and adopted in varying degrees their middle digit salutes to the establishment, wild clothes, long hair, wicked pot, and free love. I dabbled, experimented, joined Planned Parenthood, and generally rebelled. And like most teenagers, I started the movement toward finding out who I really was. Somehow, I'm still workin' on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment