Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Daily Journal Pages...Day 272

2010 Daily Journal Pages -- Day 272: A Provocative Argument for Imperfection
The internal critic is something I've never been able to get away from. It is a constant, nagging, repetitive, and brutal voice. But really, it's just a voice that carries on a conversation with no one -- although you'd think it's primary concern is to deride your efforts or uplift your spirits with empty pats on the back. But the critic is just a voice and it can be trained. Telling it to SHUT THE **** UP! doesn't do any good at all -- it kind of feeds on abuse. I do best with my critic when I just impassively watch its efforts. Rather impressive at times, I admit. But, it's all just a bunch of words. I'm gonna give it something else to say.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it is hard to get away from that voice, guess its because we care too much? We want things to turn out exactly as how we think it should be? I've tried over the years to lessen the self criticism.. Finally, I've come to the conclusion that I can't always achieve something 100% and that's ok, cuz, I ain't perfect and neither is anyone else..lol

    ReplyDelete