Thursday, December 16, 2010

2010 Daily Journal Page Challenge...Day 255

2010 Daily Journal Page Challenge -- Day 255: Le Feminin
I've never been much into jewels or jewelry. I even told my husband that I didn't want a diamond engagement ring. Well, I do have my grandmother's diamond cocktail ring, which she left to me. I always liked the story of her taking a train up from D.C., during the wartime 40's, to Tiffany's in NYC. She brought a handful of diamonds my grandfather had given to her (traded to my grandfather for services rendered during the Depression) and a design in her head. Over the years she'd remind me that she was leaving me this ring. I would just pooh-pooh her. After her death my mom took me to the bank and when it was pulled out of the safety deposit box -- it glowed like fire and split into a hundred rainbows under the vault lights. I was impressed. My favorite time to wear it was with jeans, a black turtleneck, and boots. It would glow and it reminded me of something strong, something beautiful inside of me. I think I need to bring it out and dust it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment