Friday, November 26, 2010

Express Yourself! at Once Around

Busy Altering Books at Once Around
Another Express Yourself! collage and altered book workshop successfully held at Once Around in Mill Valley. There were 7 attendees, including a family of three. I was a little nonplussed when the daughter of one of the attendees turned out to be 8-10 years old -- I was expecting a teenager! But after my initial reaction, I figured I used to teach young children how to ride -- how much more difficult could art be?

Sam at Work!

Sam's Piece Close Up

As it turned out, not much more! And what beautiful artwork Sam created! I stuck pretty close to my 2-hour lesson plan...I just gave the class -- and me -- extra time for clean up and show and tell.

1 comment:

  1. Teaching children is about the easiest I found.. when I worked in the schools, the kids are more open and willing to try things.. Sam's page is spectacular!.

    ReplyDelete