Friday, October 8, 2010

Year and a Half Mark of Creating a Journal Page a Day

With my Journal Page Day 182, I am now 1/2 through my second year of creating one journal page a day! Hard to believe that I would stick with something this long. Go here to read my first journal entry on March 26, 2009. You can scroll back through my blog to see the individual pages, or you can go to my Flickr account to see a slide show of 2009 and the current slide show of 2010. Has keeping these journals bolstered my creativity? Absolutely. Definitely. Without question. Just graze through my blog to see the evidence. I am sure that the discipline of creating art everyday begets more art!

This year has been a little tougher for me to keep on schedule -- I'm bending my own rules a little more often -- but I always manage to get caught up with my pages. I also think it would be beneficial for me to experiment a bit more with materials and style. I have here and there, but I have this judgment that I should be more aggressive about experimenting. However, I know that judgment interferes with creation, so I am just gonna wait for desire to move me. One of the other pluses of this personal art challenge is that it is extremely satisfying to see my journals slowly stack up! I found the perfect vintage cedar box to hold all of last year's journals and a few from this year (22 completed journals in all). One of these days I'm going to scan all of the covers and post about that!

4 comments:

  1. hi there,

    i'm so impressed. so many pages! and i love how you're keeping them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the covers. What did u cover them in.. I love the vintage look on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been 'round for a while but how great that you are marking this milestone. I admire your staying power enormously. And in addition to the increased creativity, what a treasure trove you have to show for it... lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody! C. -- The Parperblanks journals that I use have a lovely, leather-y cover, which I add collage elements to.

    ReplyDelete