Friday, October 29, 2010

Manipulating Photos: Blending

MizAdventures Altered Book: Rose Explosion
I have been experimenting today with a second technique from the course Manipulating Photos By Hand -- blending to integrate the cut edge of the photos. L.K. Ludwig showed us one way by running pencils around the edges; if you use Stabilo pencils, chalk pencils, or china markers you can then smear the color into interesting lines (if using other media -- oil and chalk pastels, neocolors, etc. -- use colors that mix in with your journal page background). Here I used two photos of roses in my garden. I cut them out of the original photos. I used some acrylic paint on the edges, then iridescent chalk, then oil pastels on top and smeared the heck out of them. Fun baby. This is an incomplete spread in my MizAdventures altered book.

2 comments:

  1. The colors are sooo rich, V... certainly adds depth to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting — very active composition : )

    ReplyDelete