Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Express Yourself! Workshop October 23rd


I am excited to announce that I will be holding my Express Yourself! collage and altered book workshop at Once Around in Mill Valley (CA). A friend told me to check out this new craft store, which I did (always looking for new supplies) -- and I was delighted with its colorful interior and the substance and quality of the art and craft supplies it offers. Moreover, the owner was looking for instructors and jumped on the idea of a collage and altered book workshop. So I will be teaching my beginner's level Express Yourself! workshop on Saturday, October 23rd, 12:30-2:30pm!

Class Description:
“If you've been itching to create something beautiful, or looking for the magic to achieve that, here's the perfect opportunity to explore your creative self. Through the magical medium of altered books and journals, you will learn how through collage and simple art techniques (I mean simple: cut, tear, paste, color!) to transform a used book into your own work of art. Prepare to be surprised at what will emerge! Materials fee covers your own book to alter, and all art materials. If you would like to make your book even more personal, bring any personal ephemera may have lying around your home (you know, the paper stuff we collect everyday -- mementos, old photos, greeting cards, magazine images). Artist, dancer, teacher Virginia Simpson-Magruder will guide us through the creative process with her own special brand of magic. $30 plus $5 materials fee.
Once Around's Classroom




3 comments:

  1. Blogger ate my comment...Anywho... $35 is unbelievably fair...especially w/the info u will be giving and teaching...U may even start one heck of a trend in Mill Valley!. lol Hope so... I love that page up there!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the seminar!
    The collage looks lovely! The flowers over the face is quite clever :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to teaching at the new location as well as continuing on at Stage Dor on a monthly basis. And I have to confess that the flowers on her face were not added -- it was an ad I believe in some European magazine that I picked up. I just used it as is!

    ReplyDelete