Friday, July 9, 2010

Studio Time Challenge -- Day 7

Mz.Adventures Altered Book: Sweet as a Raspberry
Well today I spent 6 hours into the studio. Don't ask me what I did -- I haven't the foggiest. Well, that's not really true. I spent at least an hour straightening up in prep for Sophie who was coming for a session. I had at least 40 magazines spread all over the studio floor from the day before. I had to wade through a sea of magazines, in various stages of disarray, to get to my table, which was piled high with 10 different types of art supplies, strips of paper, ink pads, and flotsam and jetsam. I am definitely sure that even if I had an art space three times the size of this one, at least once a week it would be carpeted from wall to wall with magazines and books and containers of cut out images. I like having everything out there in front of me. Sophie and I went into the studio around 1:30 and didn't raise our heads till 5pm. I worked on today's Daily Journal Page Challenge, then I worked on my Mz.Adventures altered book. Everything I did felt disjointed, awkward -- nothing seemed to flow. But this is part of the creative process, right? And if I'm not willing to throw down my "crayons" and walk away, then I am just gonna have to hang in there and mess around with anything and everything I can get my hands on. Something will eventually emerge from the mix.
Mz.Adventures Altered Book: Tunnel of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment