Wednesday, July 7, 2010

2010 Daily Journal Page Challenge...Day 91

2010 Daily Journal Page Challenge -- Day 91: I Will Always Feel
How many times do we feel split between reality and our dreams? Every day for me. Everyday. And some days I am more painfully of aware of it than others. Looking at today's spread, although the feeling that I was drawing from was an emotional dilemma, where I am constantly feeling split between the form of things and my inner yearnings, this spread's "voice" actually springs from a much deeper level. As I looked at the completed piece, I noticed that I unintentionally used three coins and 4 oak leaves. In tarot, coins represent the suit of pentacles, which deal with matters concerning the material world. Oak leaves represent the suit of wands, which deal with one's growth, spirit, and creative possibilities. Drawing the 3 of Pentacles in a tarot deck shows that your industry, application, and talents are paying off -- I've laid the groundwork, now I can reap the benefits. Drawing the 4 of Wands means I am in the full flow of life -- calm, steady and harmonious -- and ready to express my creativity and innate talents. Although on the surface I feel split: off-balance/steady mourning/celebrating, hesitating/rocketing forward; it seems I am in a very strong place, the most perfect place to be my most creative and productive self.

This spread means that I have achieved three months of my Daily Journal Page Art Challenge (Year Two), where I create a page a day and post about on this blog. You can go to Flickr to see the completed Year One, or click here to see the current year's (2010) postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment