Monday, May 3, 2010

Oriel Pendant Challenge -- Week 2: Harem Wish

Harem Wish Oriel Pendant (Front)
This is a 3-D oriel that I just created. It still seems unfinished to me, but I'm posting it anyway. I'll let her sit around for a while, maybe even wear her and perhaps the inspiration will come. The front of this oriel features a beautiful harem girl. It was taken from an advertisement, probably from the 1920's. I like her open face and the colors of her garments. She is resting on the middle pane of glass. A fused ribbon and Swavorski crystal rhinestones ornament the bottom of the oriel. On the reverse is another harem dancer, this one is an Erte drawing, also from the 1920's or 1930's.

Harem Wish Oriel Pendant (Back)

1 comment:

  1. What do u mean missing? On the front or back? How about a gold glitter or star? I love what is dangling below it balances it perfectly w/the shape of the oriel...

    ReplyDelete