Thursday, April 22, 2010

2010 Daily Journal Page Challenge...Day 17

2010 Daily Journal Page Challenge -- Day 17: Wasn't a Victim
I think that the most powerful thing that I have learned in my life is that everything that I have experienced, lived through, loved, lost, won, gained has occurred because I pulled these situations, people, places, and things to me in order to learn a life lesson. What a revolutionary, transformational belief: there are no victims. I have never been and will never be a victim of circumstance. Everything has played a role in my development -- not only as a human being but as a spiritual one, and everything has been pulled into my awareness to serve this purpose. It has not always been easy to accept this truth. I am still human and tied to this world. I cannot say that it is your truth. But it is mine and it has given me the opportunity to look beyond the challenges that I am faced with on a daily, on a lifelong basis. There is often not much comfort in that perception. But there is motion and energy that carries me forward and there is comfort in that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree w/you!. A lot of determination in this post..Wish others had that determination as well.Its sad when people allow themselves to become victims...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that it is very easy to fall into the trap of believing one's "victimhood". It takes a powerful focus to see that yes, it looks like I was a victim and hold open to the belief that I unconsciously (or consciously) made the choice to walk into a negative situation, and then hold open to getting more information from my higher self, or power, or the Universe -- whatever you want to call it! That is often an uncomfortable place, living in the I don't know or I don't understand. But it is a place to which gifts are given!

    ReplyDelete