Wednesday, March 17, 2010

2009-10 Daily Journal Page Challenge...Day 345

2009-10 Daily Journal Page Challenge -- Day 345: Awakening the Self, Discovering Joy
It seems these days, joy is an elusive creature, a ghost of its former self. I think of the woman I used to be, the girl that knew joy and expressed it with abandon, almost capriciously. I wonder if I've seen too much, experienced too much -- not only in my life, but in the world at large. It's not that I don't have joyful experiences, but a continuity has not yet come into being. One that I know exists. It's there -- I can feel it, almost touch it. Perhaps it will surprise me when I least expect it, take me in its arms and fill me to the brim. It just takes unadulterated awareness and a perseverance beyond reason to claim it.

No comments:

Post a Comment