Friday, March 26, 2010

2009-10 Daily Journal Page Challenge...Day 356

2009-10 Daily Journal Page Challenge -- Day 356: Work Your Magic
When I started this personal art challenge last year -- creating one journal page a day for a year -- I was curious to see if I'd stick with it. I was determined to bring my creative talents to the forefront but I knew how easy it would be for me to walk away. I am delighted to report that I made it to day 356! What an amazing and relatively easy journey it's been to achieve this small miracle. As a result of sticking to my guns, I have seen over the year a leap in my creative output. I have to admit that I'm still not generating steady income, but I will not throw the bebe out with the bathwater! Thanks to all of my friends, both online and in my life. There exists in the heart and soul a magical universe, it is up to all of us in big and small ways to believe and affirm this.

During this art challenge I filled 15 journals over the year! These are the terrific PaperBlanks Mini journals. Just love these little babies -- compact, beautiful covers that I can ornament -- or not, easy to transport, easy to fill. To read my first post about my Daily Journal Page Challenge go here. To see all of my pages visit my Flickr slideshow.

2 comments:

  1. wow, u even decorated the covers! virginia, what a legacy to have and to leave.... i envy the lucky one who inherits those....now, what is your next challenge??
    btw, i am trying to find that special 'something' like that heartshaped shell your friend found... i need a new chapter in my life oriel....when i find it u will definitely know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think I am going to wait for a few weeks, then start another year. I'm afraid I may float around too much if I don't pin myself down. I will also throw in other challenges -- yet to be determined. For sure I am going to resurrect the Weekly Oriel Pendant Design Challenge. So anytime you find something that's speaks to you of the "new you" -- let me know! Have you ever seen those paper quill flowers? I would think one of those or a few minis grouped together in a shadow box oriel would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete