Sunday, November 1, 2009

Custom Oriel Earth Angels: Spencer and Monty, and Princess

Here are two more of my custom Earth Angel Oriels, which I love creating for people. The first necklace combined two animal companions of a friend, all three of which I love deeply. Spencer, a brave, strong Tabby, is shown on the front of the oriel with miniature dried yellow flowers over his head, almost like a halo. Why? Because in spite of Spencer's sometimes gruff behavior, he is a sweetheart of a kitten. Spencer tolerates me kissing him on the head as long as no one is looking.

On the reverse side is a picture of Monty -- who has departed this realm, although his energy is very much around. Monty was very jaguar-like, yet somehow, he also required a flower -- this one red to match his collar.

The second oriel I made as a birthday present for a friend. It shows her late, great, Abyssinian cat, Princess. And yes, she was a princess from the tip of her toes to the tip of her tail. And probably the most alert, present, and daintily affectionate cat I have ever known. I have shown her on a piece of vintage lace that I bought at a London flea market. I dangled beneath her Beth Hemmila's Flaming Heart Milagro Charm (visit her Hint Jewelry blog for more info on Beth's charms). The Flaming Heart milagro speaks to compassion for the human condition, and I always felt that Princess had great compassion for us silly human beings.

1 comment:

  1. another job well done!.. u gave the last one a regal look!.. that charm does add that extra...love the other two as well, the red flower makes monty pop!.

    ReplyDelete