Monday, November 9, 2009

Collage: There Was No Question

Collage: There Was No Question
How was I going to motivate myself today to get my art piece done for the Art Every Day of the Month Challenge? I just walked into my studio, turned the ipod on shuffle, and for a few minutes picked up around the room, and then grabbed a new handmade journal (handcrafted by my favorite journal maker -- Ann Renee Lighter --). I started using pieces of images lying around on my work surface, grabbed some ink pads, oil pastels, and iridescent chalks. I even made an attempt at drawing some flowers (please remember I am untrained in drawing -- so I am floundering around a bit here). It was fun, easy and it took all of 20 minutes. My mantras: Don't think -- just grab and tear; Don't think -- just pick up a sharpie; Don't think -- just grab some chalk! And if I ask myself anything -- What color pleases me?

And for me, the title (words) fits -- there was no question -- that some things are just supposed to be as well as the very deep knowledge that my body, soul, and mind belongs to the Universe.

2 comments:

  1. that's the way to do it...lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make such beautiful journal pages! What an honor to see one of my hand bound journals become home to your wonderful work.
    Your blog is a real delight.

    ReplyDelete