Monday, November 30, 2009

2009 Daily Journal Page Challenge...Day 240

2009 Daily Journal Page Challenge -- Day 240: Built to Care
Built to care -- I think the human heart is made this way -- or maybe it's the human spirit, meant to care and to love the people and animals and life around it. I also find that animals throughout my life have been an enormous gift in teaching me about caring and love. There is a quietness with animals (and nature) that is like no other thing. It's where the best of us lay, I think. I am so much bigger, wider, softer, after I have spent time with animals or walked in the woods, or ridden down a trail. I am much easier to love and it's easier to give love.

This was the last day of the AEDM -- Art Every Day for a Month -- challenge hosted by Leah Pinkas Golidas of Creative Everyday blog. I found this challenge very stimulating and a boost to my creative explorations. Even though I was already creating a journal page a day as part of my own personal challenge, I found I ventured out and expanded my use of materials and pretty much met my goals. It was a very supportive community and I found some really interesting artists out there. All in all I had a good time, and recommend this challenge to anyone who is interested.

3 comments:

  1. I so agree with you about nature, animals and what they teach us about love and quietness.

    Love your journal page!

    have a nice week~
    Calli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you joined in AEDM this year. Your journal pages are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Calli! And Leah thank you for hosting such a wonderful experience! By now you have probably noticed that I have taken you up on your 2010 challenge -- what better New Year's resolution than to live each day creatively! I look forward to what this new year brings and what I bring to the new year!

    ReplyDelete