Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Custom Oriel: Golden Eagle Totem

Custom Golden Eagle Animal Totem (Front)
I am excited to announce that I will soon be launching a new series of oriels that features animals as shamanic totems. There is no doubt in my mind that animals reflect to us basic truths about our relationship to nature, our inner nature, and our hopes and dreams. Our cultural myths and symbolism through the centuries describe and support these associated traits and energies.

Along the same lines, I was asked to create a custom oriel pendant of an eagle for a friend's birthday. Thinking about this person, I felt that the golden eagle was a good choice: powerful, perceptive, clear of vision. The golden eagle has the ability to see things clearly and it soars joyfully and powerfully through the skies inspiring those around it. It also reflects the sun's light, giving it a magical appearance. Yes, that pretty much describes my friend Bonnie.

I found two powerful images of golden eagles and placed them each on golden embroidered brown ribbons. On one of the photos I added Swavorski crystal rhinestones as a "halo" for the profile photo. The dangle below consists of a silver bird charm, Swavorski crystal beads in complementary colors, and to top it off, a beautiful Hint charm, "Eagle Spirit". The artist Beth Himmila of says of her charm: "Wear an eagle’s feather to empower and support your vision for the future...(the) feathers of an eagle represent your soul’s light and shadow. As a messenger to the Great Spirit, eagle offers healing medicine from the Creator. Eagle gives you permission to love both darkness and light, opening a door to unconditional love and an opportunity to reclaim your personal power." I was happy with the result: a beautiful, powerful pendant for a beautiful, powerful woman.

Custom Golden Eagle Animal Totem (Back)

3 comments:

  1. Love this strong image of an eagle and the golden beads! Thanks so much for including my text for the eagle spirit charm. This was one of my very first designs and it still makes me tingle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. virginia! i love this... u know how i love earth tones.... and that eagle charm is awesome!.

    ReplyDelete