Friday, August 7, 2009

Journal Page Creations...Day 127

7 Journal Page Creations --- Day 127: Body Find Perfect

Every once in a while I create something and then look at it and say....this is...interesting! For instance, this spread -- a woman's naked torso; some flattened ginkgo leaves; the words "body" (part of the ginkgo supplement advertisement); and, the added found words -- "FIND PERFECT". I have never been happy with my body -- I ahve never found it perfect. Isn't that wild? Isn't that crazy? No, not really, because 97% of all women are dissatisfied with some aspect of their body. Why is that? I guess we could blame it on advertising, the fashion industry, our mothers, men. But really, it all comes down to why are you so hateful of your own body? Why can't you celebrate what God gave you? And is there a "perfect" body? Well, in the 1600's (maybe 1700's?) "Rubenesque" curves were the rage. In the 1920's skinny , small-breasted flappers were the ideal. In the 50's and 60's bullet-breasted vixens were the rage. In the 60's and 70's tall, anorexic teens were in vogue. It's constantly changing, there is no norm, there is no perfect. No, I don't think there's a "perfect" body. So it all comes down to this -- Do I say, This is what God gave me? Do I say, Thank you for two strong legs, strong arms, and a healthy heart? Do I feel the wind in my hair and declare -- this is me -- (my) body (I) find perfect!

2 comments: