Sunday, August 2, 2009

Journal Page Creations...Day 123

Journal Page Creations -- Day 123: Let Your Green Shine
Another spread (#10) from the journal that I have included in my still untitled (!) 2009 Gallery Route One Box Show entry. I loved this picture because it reminds me of one of my favorite pastimes as a kid...climbing and sitting in the fork of one of our yard's big maples (our home was on Osage Road in Anchorage, Kentucky). I would tuck my current summer reading assignment under my arm, or in the waistband of my shorts, and shimmy up the tree. If I was at my grandparents, I would take an apple with me. I would spend hours in the tree, feeling the warm air (it was usually summer when I did this) puff around me, and the dapples of light and shadows of the leaves would fall upon the pages of my book. I would be carried away into magical realms, faraway places, and other people's lives as I read (voraciously). I felt my most at peace when I was in the trees. I still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment