Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Friday Redux!

Cats always seem to know when you need a little help. Yes, they primarily like to ask you for food -- but I have had cats since I was 6 months old and they always, always have made me very, very happy. They are way up there on the Happy Meter, without a doubt, in my life. Take for instance my white cat Angie, she is my constant companion in the house (or outside in the garden), and today she gave me the gift of happiness. As I lay listlessly on my back on the bedroom floor, feeling the warm breeze come through the window, thinking about crawling into bed for a short nap -- Angelina jumped up into the window and stretched all of her beautiful white and pink-tipped self out along the sill. She listened to the birds, she smelled the air, she'd look over at me. She kept doing this, and all the while she was purring, purring, purring. I thought she looked like a little goddess, a domestic Bastet (the Cat Goddess, who brings Joy), as the sunlight highlighted her white fur. I never had a white cat before, and I've had a lot of cats in my lifetime. I looked over at my bedside table and saw the little ceramic cat that my grandmother and I made together when I was around eight or nine years old. I remember being frustrated that the piece of clay was not looking like a cat should, and my grandmother saying, "Here, just smooth it here, just take a little piece of clay and add it here"...and so on. Before I knew it, we had made a graceful cat together. I told my grandmother I wanted a white cat, and she said that she had been thinking the same thing. "And blue eyes," I said, "like yours". I was so happy. And I am happy now, with my beautiful white cat sitting on on the window sill purring. and my grandmother feels close by. I am happy now.

3 comments:

  1. Angelina is a beautiful name. She is so cute.

    Thank you for your comment. No I don´t have any Etsy shop. I just buy beads on Etsy.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, omg, Virginia!... that clay cat is gorgeous... btw u will laugh when u see my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so regal she is! I'm happy she was there to help turn your day around!

    ReplyDelete