Thursday, June 11, 2009

Journal Page Creations...Day 69

Journal Page Creations...Day 69: Imagine If Intelligence

I am struck by this caption: "Imagine if intelligence had its own intoxicating aroma..." I am not sure why I chose it for this spread. As most artists, I often don't think when I put spreads together. I am usually choosing an image or two because I like them, they speak to some part of me in some way, or they have an inherent beauty, or the colors are appealing, or they pose an unnamed question or statement. Intelligence, or the use of it, is highly overrated, don't you think? I think it's best to stay out of your head, out of the the analyzing, the categorizing, the judging. Treat your mind as if it was an aroma, a sensation. And then take in all of the other physical senses, all of your perceptions, and let something arise out of that. It might not be pretty, but it will be authentic!

No comments:

Post a Comment