Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kentucky Spring: Pink Dogwood


I haven't been to Kentucky in the Spring for a long time -- I can't remember why. Kentucky springs are so green and alive with trees leaving and azalias blooming and bluegrass growing that it is almost overwhelming. Verdant definitely comes to mind. I guess I have grown so used to California springs, which comparatively seem so sparse! I believe every shade of green is represented in the grasses and leaves that line every inch of space here. It's been raining on and off the past week, so photo ops are not plenty, and I've mainly been travelling back and forth to the hospital. But I managed to take a photo of some of the pink dogwood blooms that are so abundant here, and remind me so much of my childhood.

2 comments:

  1. That dogwood is beautiful!...I don't think we have dogwood trees in Cali... Each region brings out its own beauty especially in nature... its gotta be the soil... memories are nice aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and no! But these type of memories are ones I like to dwell on. I will be posting a few more later...Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete