Friday, May 22, 2009

Crazy Love


Have I said I love creating art? Have I said it makes me feel good? Have I said how I love seeing how pieces fall together and colors blend or surprise, and images take on a wonderful, wierd quality? Have I said how much I love my studio?

Yes, yes, yes. I've said all those things and more! So why is it that it seems to take a Herculean effort to walk into my studio and start playing with my "toys" (as my friend/graphic designer/photographer/artist Mary Ann C. says)? WHY?

I suppose all artists struggle with this push me/pull me dilemma. It's such a crazy love I have with my creative muse!

Well gosh darn. Here it is again. What little thing can I do to keep my creative toe in the water?
  1. Straighten one area of my studio.
  2. Take a photo of anything.
  3. Write and publish a post.
  4. Write some new copy for an oriel pendant.
  5. Make a new oriel pendant design.
  6. Make a journal page.
  7. Straighten a bookshelf display
  8. Read an art magazine. (Alright, read one article.)
  9. Tear images and words out of said magazine.
  10. Paint Angelina Kitty's toenails.
  11. Dress Angelina up and take her picture (Angelina has left the room now...)
  12. Buy a colorful potted flower.
  13. Read someone else's blog post.
  14. Draw a very bad picture and write an apology underneath it.
  15. Straighten my desk so all of the colorful things on it show up.
  16. Pick some flowers for the house.
  17. Create a display on the front porch coffee table.
  18. Take a nap.
Care to add any?

What would it be like to not feel stuck? To just feel my mane blow in the wind?

1 comment: